About Me

Hello, I'm a friendly person from England. I like to express my opinion but I would never enforce it on anyone. Feel free to comment on a comment.

Wednesday, 12 September 2012

Flyleaf's- New Horizons (Single)

Flyleaf's first single in two years, what have they been doing?!
Well Lacey had a baby and spent more time with her family. The guys have been building their own studio where they recorded the new album which is also titled New Horizons.

The song is like listening to old Flyleaf in a really good mood; everything is better. The guitars and bass in Memento Mori (2010) seemed too overdone at times, especially during the heavy bits. But the more melodic parts in the Memento Mori album sounded perfected and sweet which they've definitely kept in this new album and developed.

Lacey also sounds cleaner and less overwhelming. Although the chorus of New Horizons slightly lacks clarity the verses are upbeat and positive which I'd say is progression. Although the lyrics linger a bit too long on death there is a positive message coming through.

New Horizons is a strong start to the new Album Cycle.

No comments:

Post a Comment